Samarth Ramdasswami has given an advice to all of us in ‘Sri Dasbodh’ saying, ‘The one who does not take care of one’s books, is a fool.’
Start reading your book only after
wrapping it neatly with a plastic cover !
The plastic cover protects our books from getting soiled by perspired hands, oily substances or dust.
Please never turn the pages of a book
by touching your finger to your tongue !
You come across many people who have a dirty habit of touching their finger to the tongue before turning pages of a book. However, this is an insult to Shri Saraswati Devi. The spittle on the pages of the book you have handled might cause infection to the next person who reads that book.
Do not fold the corner
of a page of the book as a book-mark !
1. The page might get turn at the fold.
2. Use a thick thread as a book-mark in the book or keep a piece of paper as a book mark.
While keeping a book in the
cupboard keep it in a horizontal position !
If you keep a book in a vertical position, then its pages might get loose at the binding. If you keep it in a slanting position then it might get a permanent bend.
1. Do not write anything else but your name and address on the book. Do not scribble on it !
2. Do not deface the pictures in the book or tear pages from it !
3. After reading a book, do not throw it but keep it down with reverence !
4. Do not let your feet touch any book, if it happens unawares, then pay obeisance (Namaskar) to it !
Friends, take care not only of your own books but also of books brought from any public or school library.